Going on a diet...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pringles are defo yummy!
    I find that if I dont crave and stay away from chocolate contact I can be okay, but if I crave of have some, then I eat massive amounts

Weirdly enough a mate of mine loves baby carrots and apples, but cant eat thme as a snack of have them last in a meal as they will get hungry quickly no matter how filling if was.
    I do find the I get hungry quite quickly after eating apples too, so its just pears for me

Comment

Managed 18 minutes on the cross trainer this morning - 315 calories burned. (he says scoffing a 'narna)
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

New to this thread. I've been trying to lose some of the "relationship spread" on and off for the past 6 months or so - I joined up with <a href="http://www.sparkpeople.com">Spark people</a>, and while some of their motivational stuff is a bit cringeworthy, and I find myself having to add UK foods to the calorie database, I find their tracking tools very useful.

These days I'm really just concentrating on portion sizes (when I moved in with the bloke, I ate the same size portions as him. He's at least a foot taller than me, cycles 20 miles a day, and has the fastest metabolism in the world. Unsurprisingly I started to fill out some) and exercise - cycling either on the trainer or out on the north downs (warning: some of them are actually "ups"), and I'm hoping that this gardening lark'll help with the general activity levels.

I generally don't weigh myself -I found I was beginning to get obsessed with the numbers, feeling bad when they didn't say what I wanted them to, and the irrational part of my brain was glossing over the bit about muscle being denser than fat, so I was just getting moody with it. These days I go by how I'm looking, how I'm feeling, and how my clothes are fitting. So far I've got my waist back, my thighs wobble a bit less, and I have more stamina - gimme a year and I'll be made of muscle

Ooh, and on the veggie, high-protein, low-fat things - tofu! It's fantastic stuff - lovely in a stir-fry with carrot and PSB!
        Last edited by Arachne; 10-04-2008, 02:52 PM. Reason: I have no memory ;)

Comment

We have a roast dinner every week and my way of dry roasting pots is .. par boil them, shake hard to 'fluff' the outside a little then into a roast tin and sprinkle with salt then cook as normal no oil and very yummy, i also do parsnips and carrots the same way
          I use a gravy granual but watch the fat contents, to be honest the small amount you have is not worth worrying about

Comment

Originally posted by angeleyezx View Post
            Weirdly enough a mate of mine loves baby carrots and apples, but cant eat thme as a snack of have them last in a meal as they will get hungry quickly no matter how filling if was.
            I do find the I get hungry quite quickly after eating apples too, so its just pears for me
            I think when you have a food cotaining sugar (apples contain frutose) your insulin level rises to cope with the sugar. Then when the sugar level in your system drops you're insulin level lags behind. You then crave more sugar.
            Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Rogues gallery

Would you like to see pictures of your fellow dieters. But don't want to share it with everyone who views the Grapevine. My OH doesn't even know my weight and I don't like having my photo taken!

If you PM me I'll send you my email address. Then email me a current picture with your weight, height and goal weight. I'll create a 'rogues' gallery and email it to each of you.

What do you think?

Tracey

Michael Pollan

Comment

Lost 1Ib last week. Did lot's of excercise and kept below my calorie limit. Naughty last night, had a whole bottle of wine to my self .

Michael Pollan

Comment

I am so pleased just back from a weeks holiday and I haven't put any weight on, if the scales are correct I have actually managed to lose 1lb.Must have been all the walking I did.

Comment

Mr Sheds is back on his regime, daily swim before work. The pool was shut for a month due to gale damage. The exercise will get him back on track ... he eats so much, but doesn't burn it off normally.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

How's everyone getting on with their diets?

I'm down 9lb over 6 weeks and feel a lot better.

Onward and upwards.

Tracey

Michael Pollan

Comment

39 1/2 off and counting - VERY pleased. ONly 7 ls left to goal, never been there before but I will this time.

OH not very pleased as a) is costing him a fortune to buy me new clothes. and b) my boobs have shrunk! PMSL

janeyo

Comment

Janeyo, WOW, 39lbs! Well done. How long did it take you to lose it? You deserve to treat yourself to some lovely new clothes. OH must be please to see you a much healthier weight. I'm lucky really as I've mostly got thin clothes in my wardrobe. If I'd carried on the way I was going gaining, middle aged spread, I would have had to buy a complete bigger sized wardrobe!

Tracey
                          Last edited by Tracey; 15-05-2008, 10:12 AM.

Michael Pollan

Comment

I started on 25th Sept. So about 7 and half months. I was carrying the baby up the stairs one day and my knees hurt, and I thought, that's not good -so decided something needed to be done.

OH is really pleased for me obviously! He says it's like having a slinky new woman about the place! Trouble is even though I have dropped almost 4 dress sizes I still think I look the same. Doh! OH has been 'morphing' me on the pc, taking photos from the same angle and in the same clothes every month or so and only then can I see the difference, when he runs them together.

janeyo

Comment

Well done Janeyo.

I've lost 1/2 stone so far but I've been the same weight the last couple of weeks due to not enough exercise so this coming week I will be making more effort.

Comment

Mine has been at a bit of a standstill for a couple of weeks. Must up the exercise levels, obviously not doing enough. Last time I checked I had put back on one of the 4 pounds I have lost so far.
                                My goal is a total of 2 1/2 stone by July next year, but if I can get it off sooner, and just stay in better habits all the better for me.
                                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X