Cheap pickling jars!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lettuceleaf10 View Post
    Thanks everyone I think I will play safe and buy kilner jars . Dont want to waste any of my home grown or all that loverly sloe vodka that is coming soon
    Same here! (Love your user name!!)
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
      I went to Asda today, but didn't see any of that!!! Mind you, I did get a coolbox for £1.50, and a trolley barbecue for £2.50.
      Did it have a wind guard?
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We sell a range of pickling jars on our website, see my sig below, its a minimum order of 50 but you get them much cheaper then the supermarkets and you dont have to get the smell of beetroot out of them lol. Hope that helps
        Mod's note: Link removed, no advertising allowed.

Comment

I thought maybe people might be interested to know that pickling vinegar and pickling onions are both on sale in co-op at the moment too. The onions are £1 a pack and the pickling vinegar is 2 for £2 for huge jars of it.
          My very pink Blog about food and...more food

Comment

Originally posted by cw6365 View Post
            We sell a range of pickling jars on our website, see my sig below, its a minimum order of 50 but you get them much cheaper then the supermarkets and you dont have to get the smell of beetroot out of them lol. Hope that helps

Just had a look at your prices and I have worked out your chutney jars at 62p each. You are clearly not much cheaper as I can pick up jars for 10p with sauce in and can get rid of smell lol. Hope that helps
            http://greengas-ourallotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

lol. Do that then greengas. I wasn't trying to be self promoting, just offering the poster an alternative and i suppose the amount we do sell suggests some people don't want to go to the same trouble as you. I would love to know what brand of sauce you can buy in a 12oz jar for 10p
              Mod's note: Link removed, no advertising allowed.

Comment

Be interested in where to get cheap lids from.
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

lol. Do that then greengas. I wasn't trying to be self promoting, just offering the poster an alternative and i suppose the amount we do sell suggests some people don't want to go to the same trouble as you. I would love to know what brand of sauce you can buy in a 12oz jar for 10p
                  Any of the supermarkets cheapo own brand stuff? value, basic, essentials, etc !

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                    Be interested in where to get cheap lids from.
                    I get mine from Wares of Knutsford. Very prompt service and delivery.

Comment

Or maybe they just never thought of it(?) Asda's own curry sauce and pickled beetroot are 9 and 10p

Comment

No mega-bargains, but I went to Tesco and got mint sauce jars (25p), lemon curd (22p) and blue cheese dressing* (23p).
                        The mint sauce went down the sink, but the thick lemon curd went down the toilet - and blocked it

* I'll use these for sloe gin presents
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Check out asdas basics Curry sauce- 9p a jar, ideal for pickles, chutneys etc, washes down the sink nice and easy too I think morrisons do one too.
                          "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

I know it makes financial sense, but somehow my early training in "waste not, want not" rebels at the thought of buying food (however poor the quality) in order to throw it away and use the container!
                            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I had this problem too. I put the sauce in the freezer with the intention of using it later. I didn't. it ended up in the bin as the freezer was full and I needed space for more sloes

Comment

We buy lemon curd at sainsbebbys - cheap stuff and clean the sink with it they have those nice rubberised inner lids that don't go cakky (not sure how to spell cakky)...22p
                                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X