No announcement yet.

Rosehips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made Rose Hip Syrup last year but have now lost the recipe ... help please picked and cleaned a carrier bag full of hips today so need to get on!!!

Comment

never made it myself but this may help Cooking with Rose Hips - Rose Hips Recipes
      Just watch out for "itchy bottom disease"

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchen Gardener View Post
        Made Rose Hip Syrup last year but have now lost the recipe ... help please picked and cleaned a carrier bag full of hips today so need to get on!!!
        Put them in the freezer and I will look out a receipe for you. They are better frosted so freezer will do the trick.
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I remember asking about this last season.
          Cant remember now, someone told me it wasn't worth all the trouble.
          Good luck and let us know how it worked out for you.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I make rosehip syrup using the juicer on top of my pasteuriser. Really simple and just contains rosehip said and sugar (can't remember the ratios) and is lovely either diluted as a drink, on icecream as a topping or neat as a vitamin C hit.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Bramble - I've merged your thread from last year at #17 (just to confuse everyone!!)

Comment

Rosehips syrup

Wash 2.5lbs of Rosehips and remove the calyces. Mince and pour over 3pts boiling water brin back to the boil and leave to stand for 15mins. Strain through muslin. Measure the resulting liquid and if more than 1.5pts boil to reduce. Add 1.5lbs sugar and allow to dissolve. Boil hard for 5 mins. Bottle when cold and sterilize. Makes about 5-6 20 cl bottles.

Still collecting Rosehips and will make mine soon.
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X