keeping strawberry's

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping strawberry's

Hi all, quick questions. On River Cottage a wee while ago, Hugh Killandcookitall used a technique to keep strawberries from going off in the fridge. For the life of me I can't remember what it was called or exactly what he did. sugar and balsamic vinegar ring a bell though. Can someone put me out of my pain of trying to find the recipe please

You could try River Cottage - 4oD - Channel 4

Comment

Slice strawberries, put in dish, sprinkle with sugar, add some balsamic vinegar according to taste. They won't keep forever but will last at least a few days

Comment

Confused again...... Eggs

Now I have sorted the quail out and they are laying I thought that I would make some pickled eggs.

Anyone got a good reliable recipe please and how long can they be kept?

Sorry, put it in the wrong place and can't seem to delete it. I'll try again
        Last edited by roitelet; 17-07-2009, 04:46 PM.
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Thanks rustylady, can you remember what he called it (am sure it began with "D" or something)? It's been driving me mad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
            Thanks rustylady, can you remember what he called it (am sure it began with "D" or something)? It's been driving me mad!!
            Sorry Mac, I saw the programme but can't remember the name

Comment

How long do you want to keep the strawberrys? Why not freeze them?
              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
                How long do you want to keep the strawberrys? Why not freeze them?
                Strawberries go soggy if you freeze them so it depends what you want to use them for. I used to freeze some and make crumbles, delicious.
                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X