Milk

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Bet Scared55 has UHT milk over there....( he's just jealous!!!)
    Yes, you are right, Nicos. We do have UHT milk in the shops here, just as you do in UK. We also have fresh milk in the shops here, full, semi-skimmed and skimmed just as you do in UK.

The only dairy product we haven't found here is Clotted Cream, and as a south Devonshire boy, I would love to get some. It is, after all, the only foodstuff known to man that is more than 100% fat!

KK

Comment

Only yesterday I was reciting a story to my OH about being stuck behind a milk float that morning (no, I know, not a very interesting story!!) and his 12 year old son asked me what a milk float was ........ sign of the times??
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

A glass of milk.....always as kids we could drink big glasses of ice cold milk, never think to do it now, why?

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
          A glass of milk.....always as kids we could drink big glasses of ice cold milk, never think to do it now, why?
          It's because the Powers That Be have decided it's not good for us! Don't worry - give it a few years and they will find, as they do about most things, that they have been talking garbage.

KK

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
            Only yesterday I was reciting a story to my OH about being stuck behind a milk float that morning (no, I know, not a very interesting story!!) and his 12 year old son asked me what a milk float was ........ sign of the times??
            Send him over here..ours wakes us up every morning between 4 and 6 am!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ours comes past about quarter to 5 every morning, have been getting milk delivered by him for about 3 months now. Only heard him a couple of times and still not seen him. It's like magic, the full ones appear and the empties disappear!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Milkmen seem to be a dying breed here, such a pity. For some reason, milk was never delivered until after everyone had left for work so was sat out in the sunshine (well, okay, outside!) until peeps returned home at the end of the working day, so everyone gradually stopped using them and they didn't seem to get the message that they need to deliver earlier. Oh, and 12yr old has no problem waking himself (and us when he stays) at the crack of dawn already!
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Lifestyle change has definitely got something to do with it. I'd love to have our paper and milk delivered, but a) I don't have time to read a paper other than at weekends (and that's not guaranteed), and b) we don't use enough milk to warrant delivery (we buy two pints a week and hardly ever use that).
                  A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I think you're right Wayne. I used to have a paper delivered every Saturday, and threw half of it away unread the following Saturday when the next one arrived because I never got around to reading it. Now I use the internet news sites during the day instead, when I can snatch a few minutes. We use maybe 4 pints of milk a week, but prefer to buy it fresh than have it stand on the doorstep all day in the sun, or risk it disappearing down the throat of a local 'youth'! Modern life has changed so many habits.

Comment

Showing my age now boys and girls! I remember in the infants class at school having a little bottle of milk to drink each day. Do they still do this, or is it "not good for you anymore"? Bernie aka DDL
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I thought Thatcher stopped all that nonsense. We used to make cottage cheese from ours every now and then!
                        Last edited by zazen999; 03-05-2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

warm school milk put me of full fat milk for life!
                          Yo an' Bob
                          Walk lightly on the earth
                          take only what you need
                          give all you can
                          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Send him over here..ours wakes us up every morning between 4 and 6 am!!!

Ours arrives at about 3 a.m. and not in a nice quiet milk float but a deisel van.And folk used to mutter about my cockerel!!

Comment

We must get through about 14 pints a week on way and another - but I don't use the milkman.

Apart from the time of delivery - which isn't a problem - it's the cost! A pint from the supermarket is 2/3rds the cost of a pint from the milky. I worked out it was costing over £75 a year for the delivery when I still need to go to the supermarket anyway. It seemed pointless.......
                              The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

We have 14 pts of milk delivered by dairycrest per week. It's more expensive, but I thought glass bottles may be more environmentaly friendly than plastic as they can be reused. I do wonder, though, what sort of chemicals they use in the bottle washing process.
                                Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Michael Pollan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X