Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderberry and Sloe Gin

Is this possible as I've never heard any body do other than sloe gin

You can do pretty much any fruit / alcohol combination although some tend to work better than others. For the alcohol, clear spirits (gin / vodka) work best and I think fruits with a bit of body are best (found strawberries to be too delicate but blackberries and raspberries are great). Based on this, can't see any reason why that wouldn't be good.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks Alison going to have a go. Have done a search and and found no mention of these two fruits being put together in gin but can't see any harm in it.

Comment

I've got a rumtoff going with vodka not rum.
        Blackcurrants, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. With vodka.

Comment

Ah ha alldigging that was going to be my next task as that is also something I've not tried yet but it will be rum, not sure wether to go for white or dark yet though

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
            I've got a rumtoff going with vodka not rum.
            Blackcurrants, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. With vodka.
            I usually do one with brandy and use it at Christmas for in the cake and pudding. For some reason not done one this year.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We had vodka. Never done one before. Have made lots of flavoured vodkas. (ie: add stuff to vodka)
              The secret to all of it is enough sugar though.

Comment

Originally posted by karleshen View Post
                Thanks Alison going to have a go. Have done a search and and found no mention of these two fruits being put together in gin but can't see any harm in it.
                Just so you know mixing them in gin would be Juniperberry, Elderberry and Sloe gin. For Elderberry and Sloe gin you just mix it in Vodka.

Comment

I read that instead of spending the time to prick over your sloe berries before putting them in the alcohol, you can just put them in the freezer which makes them split their skins and then just put them in the alcohol with the sugar. No time wasted pricking

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X