No announcement yet.

lemoncello

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooooh - Liiiiimoncellllllloooooooo! Nom-nom!

Thanks Wellie!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

cor! sounds great

Comment

Norty Wellie.... <<wanders off to buy lemons, Voddie and paracetomol>>>
        http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

OK, just in case you haven't tried it, here's a little advice from me: MAKE SOME!!!! It is amazingly delicious (OK, it gives a teeny liiiiiitle bit of heartburn - but you just need to drink a little more lol )

It is lovely over Ice.
          It is lovely over Ice Cream.
          It is lovely used instead of coffee and Tia Maria in Tiramisu (I call it Limonmisu!)
          It is best, kept in the freezer, taken out when you need a treat, and NOT SHARED WITH ANYONE....
          Last edited by Glutton4...; 19-04-2011, 06:05 PM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

*raises hand* Sorry for coming late to class but i have only just spotted this and fancy making some for Christmas pressies (Whoops, did i use the C word!?)

I was just wondering if the freezing is strictly necessary and would the limoncello be alright just stored in a dark cupboard like a Damson Gin etc?
            Jane,
            keen but (slightly less) clueless
            http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Limoncello ~ based on PW's 80 day recipe

INGREDIENTS:
              • 18 unwaxed lemons, peeled, no pith
              • 3 bottles (70 cl each) of basic cheap vodka
              • 1.5 kg white sugar
              • 1.8 litres water

Put the peels in a demijohn (I use an empty 5l water bottle).

Add 2 bottles of vodka, screw the lid on, and shake. Put it to rest at room temperature (PW's recipe stated "in a dark cabinet" but I left mine just in the kitchen and the light didn't affect the colour at all, it's still an acid yellow).

day 40
              In a sauce pan set over high heat, stir the sugar and water together and boil for 5 mins. Let the sugar syrup cool completely in the pan (on the back doorstep for speed). Add the sugar syrup to the DJ along with the last bottle of vodka.

Shake the DJ and return it to the dark cabinet and store for 40 more days.

day 80
              Strain the mixture into clean sterilised bottles and seal (I used a mixture of small Encona & salad dressing bottles, well scrubbed, for gifts).

Pop a bottle into the freezer for 4 hrs before use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              unofficial version: what I actually did was to throw all the ingredients at once into a DJ, stored it for 2 months shaking once a day for the first week, then once a week after that.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sounds delish! I presume you could just make one bottle by dividing all the contents by 3?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X