Sloe wine 2001

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Closet Brewer View Post
    Oh no! How very disappointing! So aging doesn't nullify all brewing sins then? It's usually my answer to everything! (If bentonite hasn't worked...)
    Mine too! I'm astounded that wine which is sharp or thin once bottled and left in the garage for a period of time mellows into something really nice. I've yet to make a wine which does not improve with 6 or 12 months or so in the bottle - some magic is afoot! Parsnip a prime example - vile once brewed, lip-puckering after 1 year, chardonnay stylee silkiness after 2 years.

I'm sad that there won't be any parsnip wine to drink in 2017 as I have only had *one* parsnip grow this year.

Comment

1 parsnip? Hazel, that's tragic! Totally agree about parsnip wine - gross at first, just about drinkable at 1 year, delicious at 2 years. The other wine I've made that mellows dramatically is sugar beet. I nearly threw it out when I first made it, it was awful! left it in the back of the cupboard in disgust, tried it again after 18mths and hey presto! Delicious, smooth, nutty... Mmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I'd love to have a small but Chris
        Wouldn't we all? (sigh)
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Wouldn't mind a large Butt of wine though (as long as its not 2001 Sloe)

Comment

I'm not sure I fancy drinking wine from a butt, it might not be clean....
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

A Butt of wine can be a fatal!!

"George Plantagenet
              George Of York, Duke Of Clarence
              Cause of Death: Drowned in a butt of Malmsey Wine.George Plantagenet was brother to Kings Edward IV and Richard III, and played an important role in the War of the Roses before his death in 1478. After plotting against his brother and subsequently being convicted of treason, he was privately executed in the Tower of London. The typical method of execution at the time for those of noble birth was beheading, but this was not the case for George Plantagenet. Given his famous reputation for alcoholism, George was forcibly drowned in a large vat of Malmsey Wine, his favorite beverage, at his own request. His corpse was later transferred to the abbey in the same vat full of wine, before his burial.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X