just got free demijohns!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got free demijohns!

Got 12 more demijohns from freecycle today from a lovely lady. I gave her some of my jams and she was really pleased.

This takes our total demijohn stash to 27!!!

Of which 12 are already filled!

The ones we picked up today are in a sorry stare though stained inside and out from what looks oiek years of standing outside, they have green stagnant smelly lumps in them! I have already cleaned one up but it will be a long process esp for the brown coloured ones!

So tomorrow it's time to pick some more sloes and elderberries for more vino!

Bring it on!

Wish I lived near Ely. I have a "contact" on the lottie site who reckons he can get me some, but no results yet after 3 weeks and several jars of jam.

Comment

I have been using 5 litre water containers but am after some proper glass ones. Think I need to join freecycle!
      Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

I've only got 4!! Need to get some airlocks and a fermentation bucket.
        A good 'winemaking for dummies' type book would be handy too
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

I got no joy from Freecycle, but one of Mr Shed's colleagues gave him two old dusty ones yesterday.

That's my job for today ... scrubbing them out
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have a grand total of 2, one of which actually is filled.
            Freecycle doesnt work in France, so may have to get family and friends to see if they can get me some.
            I could easily use a dozen at any one time, as have so much fruit in my garden.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
              I've only got 4!! Need to get some airlocks and a fermentation bucket.
              A good 'winemaking for dummies' type book would be handy too
              I suspect that between the most experienced Grapes, one could be written.
              How about it Shirlthegirl, etc?
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I find the wine making advice on here invaluable. I do have a couple of books, the first steps in winemaking by c j j berry can normally be picked up cheaply (though you will find it a little trying at times). Most country wines follow the same principles, the key though is sterile, sterile, sterile.

I also use 'Favourite Country Wines and Cordials' book which is a little flimsy paperback that amazon sell for £1.35

Regarding janeyo's 27 demijohns - Je suis très jalouse!
                Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

I actually got 7 on freecysle 2 weeks ago then these other 12.

She has 6 left..... if anyone is on the 'hunts' freecycle.

They are severly manky though, one scrubbed up ok, 11 left to go! The have that lovely 'eau de stagnant pond' aroma!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X