Golden Hop Available

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hop Available

I have two hills of Golden Hops and I have dug up one and would be willing to swap or even give it away to someone. So if you're interested, let me know.

Originally asked this before christmas and probably in the wrong thread:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...read.php?t=228
    Best wishes
    Andrewo
    Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Andrew I would love to have it, but do not have anything to swap.

Do they grow well in large pots? I was thinking of growing hops or vines over a yet to be built pergola.

Comment

I have just transfered mine to a pot and boy am I glad I have the root run in just one year. I have mine in a metal drum now. PM me with your location and will send it to you, would rather it go to a good home (unless that home is a million miles away).

Andrewo
      Best wishes
      Andrewo

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Do you by any chance have any hop plants left? I've wanted to grow these for ages but the plants always seem so expensive (14.99!!!!!).
        I can offer several weird and wonderful tomato seeds and several other seeds if your interested?

Many thanks,

Comment

Sorry

I was going to swap, but the specimen was too large to send through the post, it cost more than £14.99! Never mind, suggest that when its settled in its new place, I could take cuttings and they would be cheaper to send.

Andrewo
          Best wishes
          Andrewo

Comment

Andrew,

Cuttings would be great.

Many thanks,
            Truffle

Comment

Cuttings

Now I just have to figure out how to take them, does anyone know, I suspect it's a root cutting but when?

Andrewo
              Best wishes
              Andrewo

Comment

Hi Andrew - great idea about root cuttings, I will take one/two off your hands if you can do it(covering postage of course)
                Looks as if its a bit like propagating rhubarb. Timing seems to be 'when weather is cold but ground not frozen' - so about now !
                Have never seen a hop root, but apparently the cutting must have at least one bud
                Best of luck - let me know how you get on
                Dadnlad

Comment

Ground is very frozen

Ground is very frozena round here, I will also need to see if the hop I have moved has taken before going for cuttings so it may be next year - I have already caused it stress and need to know its okay first, however once established will take cuttings.

Andrewo
                  Best wishes
                  Andrewo

Comment

Hop Cuttings

These are very easy. Node cuttings about 6 inches long and stood in water. Roots usually develop after about 2-3 weeks. Interestingly the common hop seems very much more reluctant to take in this way - the Golden Hop usually results in a 90% + success rate.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X