No announcement yet.

Spicing White Wine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we make hot apple punch, carton of apple juice, cinnamon, fresh apple chunks a dash of nutmeg (spices are to taste) sometimes also add ground mixed spice heat to hot and serve, if you like alcohol add vodka or dry white wine min 10% vol.

usually if heating white wine dry wine is best.
    or you can add the above spices to dry white wine heat and once hot add a spoon or 2 according to taste to sweeten but only when hot produces better flavour than using sweet wine dont know why just does. you can also add lemonade once hot and heat till hot instead of sugar. theres always the american receipe you can find on google for egg nog this is there traditional xmas drink. i hate mulled red wine.

Comment

I had some lovely white gluhwine - I cant spell - while visting German christmas markets a few years ago. I found a recipe and its lovely with any wine or grape juice.
      Here goes.....
      any white wine add sugar to taste, lemon slices, knob of fresh ginger and cinamon stick warm in a pan till sugar has dissolved. Serve warm. Yummy!

Comment

I know this is a bit late for Christmas (though there are a few more days remaining!) but if you heat up cartons of apple juice with a cinnamon stick or two it gives a really good, spiced and warming drink. Serve with slices of orange, perhaps stuck with the odd clove. It's served in a local cafe and is most welcome on a chilly day!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X