• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's it like with snails?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      What's it like with snails?
      dont be cheeky!!!!! I will tell you if I ever get the snail venture moving...boom boom!

Comment

I got given massive amount of Rhubarb today (first of the season) The lady was impressed that I'd made rhubarb wine before I rashly promised to make more with her excess and give her some! I hope this turns out as nice as last time!
        http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for that - I'm getting me some more rhubarb plants for next season, maybe some raspberries too. Oh I like this place!
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

This whole wine making thing is totally new to me so I havn't done any research yet. Forgive me for being lazy, but how strong in alcohol content would rhubarb wine be?
            Cheers

Comment

So will you lot be getting ticked when I'm bumping this in oh say 6 months time
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

I'll give this a bump, just in case anyone wants to try it.

Comment

I'm definatly going to try this, nothing better than have a cold glass of wine or cider that you've made yourself.

As I type this I'm sipping a 2 year old bottle of blackberry and elderberry port which is starting to get very nice looking forward to seeing how it is in 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Thanks, Burnie
                    My Very Bleak Garden Blog

Reece & The Chicks

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
                    Revelation 22:2

Comment

Looking for recipes for rhubarb wine and found a few different ones just wondered why the rhubarb can't be put trough the blender first to help with juice extraction?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Alec, unless you have some method of pressing the juice from a puree it is better to slice, freeze and drain or ferment on the chunks before straining, or freeze chunks and drain off juice as they defrost.
                        You want to avoid fleshy pulp in the sediment as it holds otherwise useable wine.
                        Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

This is my project for tomorrow , !!!Sounds superb

Comment

Originally posted by Alec_brickie View Post
                            just wondered why the rhubarb can't be put trough the blender first to help with juice extraction?
                            Using a blender can give you a cloudy wine that is really difficult to clear - no real difference to the taste but can be a bit off-putting to some when drinking it.

Using sugar over (frozen and thoroughly deforested) chunks gives the best results - plus you have the remains of the chunks left over to make dessert from

Andy
                            http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X