No announcement yet.

Chilli Vodka

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would add two and then try it and perhaps add another one. I would'nt add any more than three though. No, i never tried to make it but use a lot of chilli's for other things and knowing their strength i would proceed with caution. Let us know how it turned out thiugh and how many you used eventually.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Right!!! The deed is done!

Being a wuss I've only added two, one red and one green. The green has floated and the red has sunk

Working on the assumption that I would rather drink vodka with a taste of chillie's rather than ditch good alchohol because it was undrinkable.

So what do I do with the remaining four chillies?

There is a kebab shop I go to which has really nice chillie sauce, which although very hot is tasteful! Looks a bit like passata with chillies added. Might give it a try. Any recipes?

PS Was informed today that adding foxe's glacier mints to vodka is the new student drink round here!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger that sounds quite foul. Deffo don't want polar bear and fox in my vodka, just nicely chilled from the freezer suits me.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Our mate Andrew always tells my OH off when he chills vodka in the freezer - something about the alcohol going ballistic and doing you harm if its gone off? DDL
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Alcohol does NOT go off! Alcohol can be used as a preservative.
            Freezing or chilling (or mixing with coke etc) does not alter the alcohol content of a drink.
            Good vodka can be stored in a freezer (like sugar it doesn.t freeze solid like water) and when served has a syrupy texture. Freezing also seems to take away the "bite", and the only harm is that it tastes so pleasant you may drink more than you should

Comment

The only alcoholic drink I've tried from the deep freeze is Jaegermeister, a greman liquore that pours at -20 C, and is extremely potent! Hadnt thought of trying vodka, may have to try that now, thanks guys n gals!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Thanks for that, can't wait to tell my mate I was right all along! DDL
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

We've made chili vodka before. Did it for a party and didn't have much time, so chucked about 5 long chillies in there, slit them open to get the seeds mingling, then left them for about 5 days. It was potent

We did shots with it - a bit of chili vodka, with a champagne/fizzy wine top, then bang it on the table (makes the champagne fizz up) and down it before it goes everywhere. It's the same principal as a tequilla banger, except with chilli vodka

Also.... friends made 'skittles' vodka one - soooo tasty! You basically take a big packet of skittles, remove the green ones and chuck them in with your vodka. Wait a few days and hey presto - skittles vodka. It turns out a pinky colour - I think you take the green ones out to make it more aesthetically pleasing

Comment

This has probably been answered but I can't be bothered to go through all the threads.
                    Do you leave the chillies in the vodka, like the worm in tequilla or do you take them out at some stage?
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi just seen the thread and don't want to read all the replies but here goes:

A while agao when i was on a certain warship we had a load of ex navy turn up and wanted a tot of rum or two.

Now the traditional tot in the navy ceased in 1971. But its all tadition etc etc.

So we got well prepared and had made a few bottles of chilli vodka a few months before. (as a substitute)

We got a pack of dried chillis and put them in the cheapest vodka we could find and let it stew for about 6 weeks.

I can tell you what a kick. Its nor for the faint hearted.

The old guys got very deunk and had a warm chest i can tell you

Fezinio
                      Stout hearts, strength and honour.

Comment

Hey - the key trick for balancing the chillies in vodka is honey. Yes, honey.

If you take 3 - 4 small (birds eye) red chillies, add a couple of tablespoonfulls of clear honey and cover it with a litre of vodka, then leave for at least couple of months shaking occasionally. The liquid should turn golden. You can prick or slit the chillies if you like. They stay in the bottle - don't filter.

Comment

That sounds delicious, I will be trying that out. Hopefully, they will be ready for my Christmas party, and what type of cheese would you recommend?

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                          hey jay jay, chilli vodka easy, get some cheap vodka, add chillis, leave for as long as you can, i find 6 months is good, then drink, it makes the best bloody marys. yum.
                          have you tried pickling your chillis? just put in a jar with pickling vinegar and anything else you fancy,(i like them with junipers and garlic.) should be delicious by x mas. it takes some of the sting out so you can eat them whole from the jar if your brave enough, goes well with cheese.

Comment

I have made it and found that one chilie in a bottle and left for a year was wonderously glowing without making anyone gasp!!

Comment

1 litre of cheap vodka
                              2 Habanero chillies (slit)
                              3 Months "maturing".
                              Bliss

Comment

Chilli/Garlic Vodka

My eldest son used to work in a Vodka bar and so he was always telling us about all the different posh stuff he got to try. This year I decided as a bit of a joke to present him with my 'home made' vodka.

I bought two bottles of the cheapest vodka I could find in the supermarket. In one I dropped just one long red chilli pepper and the other several cloves of garlic. I did this back in October to give them time to mature.

I'm not convinced he was very impressed with my gift but I can tell you it raised the biggest laughs of the season watching all our faces as we gave it a go - well the bravest of us anyway.

I was really surprised at how much the flavours had taken given that I was very reserved in the amounts I used.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X