Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Blackberry and Elderberry wine recipes out there??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have more blackberries, make up the weight with those, if not, chuck some more raisins or sultanas in. If you haven't got either, it will turn out more of a rose maybe?

Oh, and I've used yellow bananas too, don't fret. If it doesn't clear, you can always chuck some finings in later, no worries.
    Last edited by SarzWix; 10-11-2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

thanks Sarah, I'll see what i can fnd! what a dope!

Comment

It's easily done

Didn't you say they were dried elderberries though? If they're dried, don't you double the weight to get the fresh equivalent? That means they would be the equivalent of 1kg of fresh = 2.2lbs?? I could easily be wrong though

Comment

well that would be a result if that were the case! Does anyone know?

I'll google and see what i can find......

Edit: the river cottage site says "2 kg of Elderberries or 1/2 kg dried Elderberries" for one of their recipes - so it actually looks like i used TOO much rather than too little! Hey ho, it'll make an interesing flavour!

incidentally i also found out that there is less tannin in dried berries so it is supposed to be drinkable quicker!
          Last edited by Scottishnewbie; 10-11-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

In CJJ Berry's Dried Elderberry Wine, he only says 250g/8oz of dried elderberries plus 100ml of grape concentrate and 2.5lb of sugar.
            So I think your 500g will be more than enough!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X