No announcement yet.

home brewed wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Hazel, Yes I had it in mind to follow your posting, and it was your posts that got interested in the 'parsnip'

How did you work out about the Amalyse- I would never have known about that and what is Amalyse??? sorry for all the questions, I have no one else to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
      Hi Hazel, Yes I had it in mind to follow your posting, and it was your posts that got interested in the 'parsnip'

How did you work out about the Amalyse- I would never have known about that and what is Amalyse???
      (*See Haze stride confidently into intimidating homebrew shop peopled by earnest beardies wearing tanktops:
      'I'm making my first wine this weekend, shopkeep - it's parsnip, and I will be needing some pectic acid'
      'oh no you won't, you will be needing amalayse for parsnip wine'
      'Well, CJJ says I need pectic acid - here...' shows book to storekeep
      '...and it says about needing amaylase here (p54)'
      'oh.'
      Buys amaylase)

And the amaylase comes in a little pot like all the other little pots. Not sure if you can buy it at Wilko (would have thought so) - I can post you a couple of teaspoonfuls if you want?

Originally posted by headfry View Post
      sorry for all the questions, I have no one else to ask.
      's why we're here!
      Attached Files

Comment

LoL Hazel fantastic. I will try and get some, we have a good 'brewing' shop near'ish to us! Burford- in the Cotswold...very pretty!

I went into said shop when I first bought my kit- went bit like this:
        Good morning Mr Shopkeeper, "I have some grapes"- (shopkeeper looks at me in an odd kinda way) Mr H keeps V. low profile.
        "I want to make some wine"............. "how"?............and, "can I buy some bits to do it with please"?
        Last edited by Headfry; 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM.

Comment

amylase

So Amylase is the name given to glycoside hydrolase enzymes that break down starch into maltose molecules.' I would think that most root veg contain starch so this would seem like a good addition to any veg wines.

This could explain why my sugar beet beer was cloudy many years ago, but very potent. But as they say 'that is another story'.

Now starch makes brews cloudy and glucose will break down and brew out to form alcohol. So if you add amylase you win both ways.

Isn't it fun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X