Cherry wine my first foray!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Elmo
    I've been making fruit wines for the last 5 years. The pectin from the fruit usually gives the wine a haze, but i have recently discovered 'finings'. It magically clears the wine far more than you could by just racking.
    I still rack my wine but after maybe the 3rd time use finings, this usually comes in 2 bottles. Obviously follow the instructions but basically you put in a spoonful of bottle 1, wait an hour, put in a spoonful of bottle 2. Then after 24 hours you'll be amazed at how cristal clear your wine is and how much more sediment has been seperated.
    The more haze in the wine, the worse your headache the next day!
    Hope this helps & Good Luck

Comment

wine wine etc.

Hi! Elmo, When you tasted it, was it sweet. If yes then perhaps the seal around the neck of the container is leaking. If the brew has stopped and it has not reached the alcohol content you expect and it is still sweet then you need to start it again. If it has been brewing for months then it will be difficulkt to start again. To start again make a yeast sugar mix and let it start to bubble then add the brew to the starter slowly. Increase the volume by 100% each day untill the whole lot is fermenting. I hope it tasted fine which will explain why the ferment stopped, then you can just bottle it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X