No announcement yet.

Free Kiwi plant

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 'free' kiwi bush is in the August subscriber supplement not the main magazine.

Blondes of the world unite.

Comment

I don't know if it's just subs that get it as it does say "For Every Reader" which would indicate it's an insert in the mags at the shops

I'm a brunette
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

the free offer is on a card that comes with the magazine....its for everyone, as i'm not a subscriber and got my copy in a supermarket yesterday.
        incidently, also in the mag is a catalogue from Dobies i think, and they are selling a Jenny kiwi plant for about £17, and say its self furtile.
        Finding Home

Comment

They can grow very easy to 20 feet.

Plant with care.

Comment

Originally posted by WrexTheDragon View Post

Plant with care.
            20ft??????????

Comment

Jenny is a self fertile Kiwi fruit and is suited to our climate so it can be grown outdoors
              Thought For The Day
              If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
              Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

are people starting to get their free plant now?......i'm sure they've taken the money, but i havent got the plant yet!.
                Finding Home

Comment

Yep, mine arrived a week and a half ago along with three patio apple trees.

Comment

Hi Just got mine yesterday and looks very healthy! Roots are coming through the bottom of the pot it was sent in!

Comment

Mine arrived Thursday - looks good

Comment

Did'nt get a card in mine, and it was in a plastic wrap!

Comment

Mind you, if they grow to 20ft I won't have the room.

Comment

Originally posted by WrexTheDragon View Post
                            Plant with care.
                            'tis true, this is my (somewhat out of control) "bush".

The beam at the side of it is over 5 feet The second picture is the small but perfectly formed fruit as of today.

Note to self - must look up TonyF's pruning instructions for next year.
                            Attached Files
                            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Received mine a week ago, have even made a planter for it with a frame behind. Only went for a 9' frame so will have to keep the pruners handy. Instructions say plant 18' apart so must have a heck of a spread as well as height. I also have a mini kiwi (self fertile) and had 4 fruits on it but they dropped off before they ripened.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X