April Issue

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
    Okay I'm really envious now cos I went to WH Smith and Sainsburys and neither one had them in stock yet!!! When I read your post yesterday I was so excited and now......boohoo
    Have you considered subscribing to it, you get it on time every month, no wasting time looking for it in the shops and best yet you get it at a discounted price??

Just a thought!!

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

Always enjoy the mag. and I appreciate any free seeds that come stuck to the front. I realise it would be very difficult but I do sometimes wish we could be told at the beginning of the year what seeds would be being given away. I always put my seed order in very early and so, often get duplicate seeds with the mag. Most get used and any that I can't use go to Mrs snuffer's school for the gardening club. Come to think of it that's where GYO mag usualy ends up as well.
      It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Most seed varieties remain viable for a few years, don't they? You could keep the freebies for the following year.
        Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

It is always moneymaker tomatoes and bolthardy beetroot that you get with magazines. I think I have about 3 packs of moneymaker now which I only used once!

Comment

Check out page 8. Someone's been chitting their spuds in the dark! She should really snap them off and start again.

Comment

I've just subscribed to this and I've asked my brother to pick me this months up from Asda tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
              Susiewoosie

A novice but keen to learn

My Blog - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/susiewoosie/

My photo Albums - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ie-albums.html

Comment

when I was a lad, my dad gave us all a little section of his allotment. My brothers and sister always grew different stuff, but for some reason (probably because I love them so much) I remember only ever growing beetroot, lol. Looking forward to planting my free seeds )

Comment

Although i don't like seeds which have been given away with our mag most of the time, I have swopped them for things i do like with other allotment holders or given them to friends and family who have then gone on to have a go at growing themselves so they haven't been wasted which is fabulous.
                  I do admit though that i would like something a wee more exciting to try, especially as one of the joys of growing your own is that you can try veg you can't buy in the supermarkets. I will never forget my mums face last year when i served her a lovely salad with freshly dug new potatoes that were blue!! It was a picture
                  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X