Possibly a flea beetle?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly a flea beetle?

Last night I saw one and another this morning on my cucumbers, when I went to inspect it leapt. One was brown , one dark with spots ?
    I don't use chemicals and not had these before ( if that's what they are) . What can I do?
    Living around the wet and windy scottish border, otherwise known as 'no man's land' .

With my eyes I doubt I would see them but never suffered them on my cucumbers....you can use sticky traps to reduce them.

Comment

Have looked up their size, not one of those . More a 1cm+ size. Have looked up cucumber beetle, wrong colouring. I don't know what they were
      Living around the wet and windy scottish border, otherwise known as 'no man's land' .

Comment

Not all beetles are bad, some are good pollinators

Comment

As long as they don't wreck my greenhouse that's fine il keep an eye out

Comment

Check your plants to see if the leaves etc are OK - if they are, then you can ignore the beetles.
            Last edited by nickdub; 15-07-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Theres some black dots on some cuc leaves and i caught one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180715_133429.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	2379384

Comment

It's a type of froghopper don't know which species and don't know if he's a plant eater. I leave them to it. I like them. They're the little things that emerge form the cuckoo spit you find on your plants in late spring.
                https://m.facebook.com/Isle-of-Mull-...9854614879285/

Comment

Thanks SP , thats them. It makes sense too that theyve just appeared now the back field has been cut and silaged

Comment

There is a good remedy to fight flea beetle. 70% Neem Oil is approved for organic use and can be sprayed on vegetables, fruit trees and flowers to kill eggs, larvae and adult insects. Mix 1 oz/ gallon of water and spray all leaf surfaces (including the undersides of leaves) until completely wet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X