Mouse problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse problem

I have a mouse that is living under my sink. I have put mouse traps in(Ones where I can let the mouse free once caught) but the mouse don't seems to be interested in going in them. They have bait already in them.

Is there any other way in catching this mouse?
    Carrie

Replace the bait with chocolate spread. Better still splash out on Chocolate and Nut version. It is so strong, mice return even if no bait in the trap

Comment

and apparently some like peanut butter... depends on sweetness of tooth I suppose
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Peanut butter is the best , got all my little critters

Comment

Thanks, I will try it with peanut butter.

Plus I aint sharing my chocolate with a mouse lol
          Carrie

Comment

You could get some peppermint oil to put under the sink & at the door or where you think,to try & deter it from coming round?

Comment

Peanut butter. Coarse variety, not the smooth - well never tried the smooth.
              Found it worked better then chocolate spread.

Comment

I had not noticed which worked better, only the results were good with both. Perhaps it is the Choc Nut version works best. Know not allowed near Organic all singing and dancing peanut butter for the mice

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post
                  Peanut butter. Coarse variety, not the smooth - well never tried the smooth.
                  Found it worked better then chocolate spread.
                  Smooth worked ok for us ....though they seriously love jelly babies

Comment

I had them in my shed, so set a trap with a small piece of Kitkat about 20mm long and warmed it up and stuck it on the trap plate 20 mins later no1 next day no2 later that day no3 ,the trap is still set with a bit of the same Kitkat on it ,not seen any since march! atb Dal.
                    Last edited by Derbydal; 18-04-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Ours like Nutella (other chocolate spreads available but my mice have expensive tastes!) In out old house mice ate through coffee sachets and camping fire lighting gel........
                      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Secret about mice is that they are random creatures. Might get more results if you move the trap.

I've seen one in the byre, and there are 3 traps set there. Just not been bothered to move it on now that fair days are upon us

Comment

I've moved the trap and put peanut butter inside. I can see that the mouse has been out last night but not even interested in going inside the trap. Will see how it goes today otherwise I will need to rethink in other ways of getting this mouse.
                          Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                            I've moved the trap and put peanut butter inside. I can see that the mouse has been out last night but not even interested in going inside the trap. Will see how it goes today otherwise I will need to rethink in other ways of getting this mouse.
                            Is it possible to remove other sources of "food"?

Comment

I have removed items that the mouse would probably chew. Noticed now that it has started to eat the wooden shelf in the cupboard under the sink.
                              Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X