Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help!! clear sticky blobs on my grapevine???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! clear sticky blobs on my grapevine???

hi all, im new to the site, so thought id say hi,

anyway, i bought a grape vine about 1 month ago, and have just looked at it and it has really sticky clear blobs on the leaves and stalks/stems.
    can any one shed the light on what this is?

thank you
    liddy

Are there any Aphids on the vine? could be their honeydew.

Comment

Thanks for posg back!
      no but having a closer look, its all over my phalenopsis orchid as well(which is sitting next to it) and just noticed a very small snail type thing!! looks like a tiny version of thoes limpit thingd you find stuck to rocks at the beach??!
      if it is honeydew stuff, how do i get rid?
      liddy

Comment

Thanks for posg back!
        no but having a closer look, its all over my phalenopsis orchid as well(which is sitting next to it) and just noticed a very small snail type thing!! looks like a tiny version of thoes limpit thingd you find stuck to rocks at the beach??!
        if it is honeydew stuff, how do i get rid?
        liddy

Comment

Hi Liddy, I think it's probably just the grapevine 'leaking' a little. They tend to be a bit sticky, they soak up a lot of water & exude it as clear drops & if you break a leaf or stem off you'll see that it is wet, sweet & sticky at the break like grape juice is.The little snail is probably just a baby snail, I get odd snails on the leaves of my vine but they don't seem to do any harm, they just seem to sleep there for some reason! Try & post a pic. of the problem if you don't think that's it.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X