Greenfly

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenfly

Was leaning on my fenceposts last night having a cup of coffee, surveying my own wee world when I noticed something on the fresh growth of one of my climbing roses. Didn't recognise it at first cause it's been that cold up here, it was wearing a hat, scarf and boots but on closer examination, t'was found to be a greenfly - 'tis now an ex-greenfly, it has ceased to be etc etc. Anyone else seen these critters in their gardens / plots this year ?
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Green flies have been driving me mad since February. I have been spraying organic spray but it does not seem to work. Now I just watch the ants walking up and down my plants. I have found three ladybirds in the last week or two so hope that they are having a feast.
    I have planted Garlic with my roses and sacrificial plants in the garden to hopefully stop a bad attack.
    Jax

Comment

No greenfly, but I'm only just starting to plant into my totally 'blank canvas' garden.

Have seen some bees though and the odd ladybird...
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Don't worry Shortie, I'll send you some of mine
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

No thanks, but thanks all the same.

I found some mealy bugs today in a potted rose that I transfered

They weren't mealy bug shaped for very long
          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

No and ill never see them on my carrot crop either as i grow them in 4ft high barrels, alongside celery and parsnips.

Comment

Well I got that name totally wrong

I found vive weevil, not mealy bug... sorry!
              Shortie

Comment

I think I've got vine weevil as something is eating my Lilly leaves and it is not Lilly beetle as I have been searching and killing all I can find. I think I need to invest in some nematodes for vine weevil now
                Jax

Comment

I dug up some old strawberries the other day for the compost and found what looked like maggots in the soil (suspect they were vine weevil grubs as it was a trough/pot and they love it). Anyone got any clues? The compost went in the bin, 'maggots' and all.
                  Last edited by andrewo; 17-04-2006, 03:10 PM.
                  Best wishes
                  Andrewo
                  Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Andrewo, what I believe to be vine weevil look like maggots but have a 'face', mine had a reddy coloured face, but apart from the 'face' they do look like maggots...

Not sure if anyone can clarify that I'm even talking about vine weevil, but I think I am and they're a pain in the rear
                    Shortie

Comment

That's them, I think they were only in those strawberry pots but will keep an eye out for them and get the necessary protection if needs be. I think I got them though!
                      Best wishes
                      Andrewo
                      Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X