No announcement yet.

Nematodes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're on twitter, @BASF_Nemasys_UK are v quick to respond. It might be worth asking them direct, either via email oe twitter, cos (without wanting to cast any aspersions) I don't think we know the answer.

I use nematodes for slug protection on spuds every year and they give brilliant results. I need to get some vine weevil nematodes too for my containers, having had at least one container infested last year.
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I just spoke to a man from the bee link,he said he's been looking at this recently because of something online & knew all about it. He says nemaslugs alright,there is a nematode harmful to bees but none of the ones mentioned here,he said it but didn't spell it,it began with s (a scientific word) but its a bee nematode not that vine weevil one & he told me about a test. He said nows a good time to use nemaslug,they don't live that long in the soil & most the bumble bees are out of the ground now too.
      I read somewhere that bacteria has been found in changing rooms etc so it's a naturally occurring bacteria anyway & don't you water it in so it's all underground,I don't think there's a risk with using it now. The cases of meningitis could be because of lack of hygiene in places?

Comment

Thank you JJ Besty,
        You've made my day! (again)
        http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
          I just spoke to a man from the bee link,he said he's been looking at this recently because of something online & knew all about it. He says nemaslugs alright,there is a nematode harmful to bees but none of the ones mentioned here,he said it but didn't spell it,it began with s (a scientific word) but its a bee nematode not that vine weevil one & he told me about a test. He said nows a good time to use nemaslug,they don't live that long in the soil & most the bumble bees are out of the ground now too.
          I read somewhere that bacteria has been found in changing rooms etc so it's a naturally occurring bacteria anyway & don't you water it in so it's all underground,I don't think there's a risk with using it now. The cases of meningitis could be because of lack of hygiene in places?

Thank you for this, I feel better now!
          DottyR

Comment

All this discussion last week about Nemaslug, I actually forgot to use it! But my lottie neighbor, borrowed my watering can to administer his, so was reminded, and after all the rain yesterday a good time, so it was applied 8.30 thus morning!

Beware all you Slugs!
            DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X