Closed cat thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    If it was dogs causing this much nuisance, the owners would be prosecuted.
    It's certainly dog's mess that you find all over footpaths and playing fields - despite all the rules to the contrary it doesn't stop!
    so it's not just cats being a nuisance *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
      Raptor I live in a very cat-dense neighbourhood with lots of cats visiting my small garden (and, over the years, three cats of my own!) My advice is to put lots of bird feeders up in spaces the cats cannot reach easily - the more birds in the garden the more they look out for each other. One sets off the alarm and they all scarper. I have put a few photos on the wildlife photos thread as evidence!
      My main feeder is approx 4 feet from the house just outside the window where I sit at my laptop . . . It's the birds that spend time in the borders I worry for such as the Dunnocks and Blackbirds . . . our male Blackbird uses the feeder but that doesn't stop him scraping around in the borders too and he is fastidious about bathing in the water bowls we have on the stepping stones in the lawn. He is a joy to watch
      My allotment in pictures

Comment

Thanks and sorry for the very slow reply! Nicos, I did think closing the thread was an over-reaction, but now you have put it into context it makes perfect sense.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you to Simon12, who recommended the Contech Water Scarecrow, because it worked! We installed it on Wednesday, and since then, no cat and no cat poo! I didn't think the ginger cat was scared of anything, but it definitely doesn't like this. Now I can get on with my gardening in peace

As a bonus, my toddler thinks it's hilarious - keeps saying 'funny water' and 'more'
        Last edited by IndigoElectron; 12-04-2014, 03:27 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

And the moral of the story is - if you care to look for it - always there is a kinder, more humane way ...
          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Glad it worked for you IE.
            Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
            Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm not sure the cat would agree this is more humane than the orange peel, garlic powder or metal cats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X