Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have a small garden, and if you saw the amount of seed I have sown, it could be argued I plan to compete with Dobbies for horticultural dominance of the uk. I have a few raised beds, and around these are chicken wire cages.

Kittens are adorable and beguilling, but the minute they become cats the novelty wears off, and so they are sent outside to find new litter trays. I had a small poly tunnel and one day I left the front open to allow air to cool the inner area, and when I came back to find a new growth form (not truffles either) where my pak choi and tomato plants were I was devastated. In fact I did not bother for the rest of the year.

I tried the garlic powder and WOW, That is some strong stuff! The ex contents of the cat themselves, make no matter to the garden itself as they break down many times through insects and bacteria. It is the cats act of covering up its own mess. Clearly cats dislike their waste too... I have tried sticks and rose prunings but do not really wish to hurt the cat....

I wondered has anyone tried, a litter tray? Ok, so not a cat owner myself it begs the question, why not grab the cat its offerings and find the neighbour, but, I do not suffer with rats and mice, which I might if I did not have regular cat visits...

Perhaps we could consider the cats in our employ? Am I going nuts? I shall let you know!
    Before you spray a single thing,
    sit down and read the silent spring.

Comment

I put the metal cats in the garden last night. Looked out this morning and lo and behold, two big piles of cat mess and the cat asleep on the windowsill!

Comment

Right, I am really annoyed with this cat! It wasn't at all scared of the metal cats, so I tried covering up the ground with frost protection fabric, and it just pood on top of it! Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the water scarecrow, reckon that's about the only thing that will work.

Comment

I know someone who did once have a similar problem with a troublesome cat, and following a recommendation from another friend finally persuaded the cat never to return.

.(Removed)..................

For the record, this is of course not a recommendation (do not try this at home without the appropriate training and correct use of a safety net and snorkel), merely submitted as confirmation that Negative Conditioning as identified by B.F.Skinner can be very effective
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-04-2014, 09:31 PM. Reason: Cruelty to animals will not be tolerated

Comment

That did make me laugh! Annoyed as I am with the cat though, I don't think I could bring myself to do such a thing - I like cats really Hopefully the water scarecrow will work.
            Last edited by IndigoElectron; 06-04-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

A post to far I think
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X