Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabbage white

hi all,
    sqaushed a few cabbage white eggs which was on my cabbages, which are now netted, should i also net my brocolli, cauli, and sprouts?don't appear to have eggs on these at the moment. thanks.

net it all if you can, and try and make sure the the net is not touching the leaves - the butterflies and moths can, and will, lay through the net.

The fun has only just started!

Comment

If you can afford it, use wondermesh or envorimesh, it's expensive but really worthwhile as nothing can get through it.

I have everything under nets and yesterday down the allotment, I saw alot of cabbage whites around.

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Comment

Do I lay fleece directly onto the leaves of the plants? I've seen pictures that look as though it is just draped over the plants without any support.
        Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

fleece is different - they can't lay through it, so you can drape it over. In my garden, in mid-summer, fleece is too hot, however. My veg hates it.

My garden: too dark, too hot, too windy, too small... there's always some problem!

Comment

Thanks CC, overheating has never been a problem here but I will keep my eye on things.
            Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

Big things by midsummer those brussels! i found that the butterflies got inside the fleece anyway.

Comment

bumping this thread, because I found these yesterday, and had to build this (it hurts me to bend, so I made it quite tall):
                Attached Files
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X