Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorly Strawberries

Hi there,

I have some strawberries in grobags in my garden that someone had given me. I had no more space so that was the only place I could put them.

Have noticed today that they are looking pretty awful... some of the leaves are looking almost stripey and pale. They did have some aphids on them, not a huge amount though and I have been keeping them at bay with washing up spray.

Should I give them a feed or is this something more sinister? I was thinking that maybe they would be better off in pots (have never quite liked the way they just sit there in the grobags) or would moving them be even worse?

Am very confused...

The straws that I have in a planter looks lovely and are doing well.. getting bushy. The grobag ones look like they have been on a diet compared to them.

Any help greatly appreciated as the kids will be so dispapointed if they all die off.

C

It would hard to say what's wrong with the strawberries without seeing them, Noidea, but the don't sound as if they're well. I would be inclined to take them out of the growbags and plant in pots and see if that helps. Nothing to lose.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Did you make sure to make drainage slits in the growbags? Sounds to me as if your plants are waterlogged, but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
        Did you make sure to make drainage slits in the growbags? Sounds to me as if your plants are waterlogged, but not sure.
        They don't like waterlogging, (I discovered to my cost! )
        Last edited by muckdiva; 17-05-2007, 11:00 PM.
        All at once I hear your voice
        And time just slips away
        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Mmmm it could well be waterlogging actually. We had days and days of torrential rain.

I am going to take pics tomorrow and see if this stripey leave thing means anything to any of you.

I did make some drainage slits in the bag.. maybe not enough though.

C

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X