Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re to tomato problem blight

I am wondering if it is blight, when I went down the tunnell
    the leaves on my plants are turning white and molding not brown, I wonder if its the way I water, the cucs are fine, I have tomatoes in grow bags , potgs and in the ground, the worst ones are in the grow bags and pots, I tend to water with spray on hose pipe and the weather has been very damp in cornwall, I water in the evening and leave tunnel open every day on the way to work and shut again in the evening is it a type of damp, the leaves do go a funny type of brown after

Is it tomato blight, I have chucked nearly all the tomatoes in bags and pott and picked off the leaves on others.

thanks
    marion

If you water with a spray you can get a lens effect with sunshine on the water splashes. This can cause mottles on the leaves as the leaves are burnt. (I've got a few splashed lower leaves on mine!) When I put them in their final position I put a sawn-off plastic bottle upside down between every 2 plants and water into this. You don't get splash and you don't lose moisture through evaporation. If they end up in pots I put them into pot saucers and water from the bottom for the same reason. If it is burning, your plants will be fine. It doesn't sound like blight. Can you post a pic?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Don't ever water the foliage if you can help it. The best way to water is into the soil, or pots, or growbags. Give a really good soaking (only if they need it). If the compost or soil is moist leave them alone. I really think you are overwatering.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X