No announcement yet.

? Sick potato

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slugs have had my spuds too. Feel like I have become a slug and bunny welfare provider at the moment. Can't even use slug pellets because the plot is strictly organic. Not a happy bunny .... If you pardon the phrase a
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hennan13 View Post
      Something to get rid of the aphids????? My mum swears by soap and water but thought I would visit the local horticultural society shop and see what they have to offer.
      Is this not the way forward?
      Don't know what else to do
      You don't need to spray for two greenfly - squish them. Just leave the spuds alone, they'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by toby6668 View Post
        Slugs have had my spuds too. Feel like I have become a slug and bunny welfare provider at the moment. Can't even use slug pellets because the plot is strictly organic. Not a happy bunny .... If you pardon the phrase [ATTACH]37164[/ATTACH]a
        You can buy organic slug pellets

Comment

Do they work?

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
            You don't need to spray for two greenfly - squish them. Just leave the spuds alone, they'll be fine.
            Thanks, I will keep a close eye on them as guess other plants may be harbouring more of the little beggars. Feel better that hopefully its nothing too serious.

Comment

Originally posted by toby6668 View Post
              Do they work?
              Slug pellets - March - 2011 - Which? News I haven't used them myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hennan13 View Post
                Something to get rid of the aphids?... visit the local horticultural society shop and see what they have to offer.
                Just use your fingers, and squish them.

Spraying is using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut, not to mention a waste of money, and you might be killing beneficial insects as well as the greenfly (sprays aren't selective in who they kill).
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X