Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cats Keep Digging up My Plot

Hey,

Iam new to growing my own veg and fruit i have a problem that a cat or cats have done there buisness in my plot and now i fear my Swede seedlings are going to die as they have been unearthed is there anything i can do to stop them from doing this?

Hello and welcome to the Argyll2bikes there's been a fair few thread on deterring cats, here's a link to one of them :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ice_70356.html
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Cats really hate anything citrus so orange or lemon peel may help. They are digging in your seed bed as you have made the soil lovely and soft and easy to dig. Try putting sticks along the row so they can't get in or netting over them.
      Replant swedes and water well should be ok.

Comment

I put some coffee grounds down on the plants in my garden a while ago and noticed that as an added bonus the cat kept away from that area for a week or two. Otherwise I put twigs or pea sticks around things I need to protect from my lovely but senile old cat.

Comment

Cats are a perennial problem in the garden especially when they use plots as toilets. Often, the discussion degenerates into a for/against argument and to try and stop this we have merged some of the more useful tips into one thread.
          It can be found here http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...lot_72323.html Hopefully this will help.
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has replied thats lots of useful information there

Comment

Originally posted by Dotty Sarah View Post
              I put some coffee grounds down on the plants in my garden a while ago and noticed that as an added bonus the cat kept away from that area for a week or two. Otherwise I put twigs or pea sticks around things I need to protect from my lovely but senile old cat.
              Agree with that - we have a Starbucks concession (eeeugh, spits) in our office and as a condition of buying their coffee, I get a supply of grounds for the garden. Cats hate Starbucks too.
              Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

I brought a plant called Scarycat cats hate the smell

Comment

They hate cayenne pepper, I sprinkle some around and they don't go near it
                  My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

We are surrounded by multiple cats on all three sides at home, ended up having to net over everything as they kept leaving 'deposits' all over.
                    The Masons...AKA...Layla & Mark.

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.......

Comment

I have a very energetic springer spaniel that does the job for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                        I brought a plant called Scarycat cats hate the smell
                        Coleus Canina, they do hate the smell but will simply go and poo in a part of the garden where there isn't a CC, so you need several plants, or keep moving them.

You can take cuttings very easily though, it roots in water. Remember to bring them all indoors for winter, as they are very tender.
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X