Red Ants!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Ants!!!!!

Anyone know how to get rid of red ant colonies organically? I had themn last year and my potatoes were a disaster (Jersey Royals too!)....over the winter i dug the soil thoroughly and could find no trace of them, then last week my raised beds were crawling with them...

does anyone know what to do?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

This should sort them out..>>Click<<

G e o..

Comment

I want one!!
      You are a child of the universe,
      no less than the trees and the stars;
      you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

where can I get one
        Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
        Dobby

Comment

Chuckle chuckle

Comment

Not sure he would enjoy living in my garden.....with my 3 year old terrorising him!

Comment

Well I have just read this thread with a great big sinking feeling. My garden is like an ant battlefield. you could literally draw a line across the middle,the side nearer the house we have loads of black ants,the farthest side is full of red ants,that is were i have my veg patch. I have never grown anything before in my life (apart from cress at school probably more than a decade ago). So does this mean im screwed????

Comment

try green gardner .com
                also hot water poured down holes, and allegedly weeing down holes
                Yo an' Bob
                Walk lightly on the earth
                take only what you need
                give all you can
                and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

They don't like being watered, period. Hot water will kill your plants, but cold water will still do the trick. You'll have to follow them as they move around your garden though.
                  I always get ant nests under my stepping stones (concrete slabs) so periodically I turn them over, scatter the eggs for the birds, then drown the nest with comfrey tea
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

oh traditional 2 sheds method ...if it annoys you chuck comfrey tea at it

Comment

hi stacey, reading your post with red and black ants in the same area reminds me of growing up, when we used to collect black ants and stir up red ants nests and then drop black ones in the middle of them. mini gladiators!
                      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                      Bob Dylan

Comment

The red ants I had didnt eat my garlic or onions last year...but they totally screwed my tatties!

But we have had so much rain this week I am hoping that they may have drowned!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X