what is eating my rubarb

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is eating my rubarb

the leaves of my rubarb have lots of small holes and and the edge of the leaf
    is being eating but on looking around the leaf i can not see anything to cause this any ideas

I can't help you with your question NTTG, but welcome to the Vine!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I too have something eating my rhubarb leaves. if i am correct a previous thread on using rhubarb leaves to spray a mix onto your leaves, it did say that slugs eat rhubarb leaves! Could this be your culprit?

Comment

no there isn't any slug trails

Comment

thanks i think this site will be very usefull

Comment

I've no idea what's eatiing your rhubarb, nttg, but as I you don;t eat the leaves anyway, I wouldn't worry!

Comment

There isnt always slug trails. Some slugs live under the soil and come up at night to feast. They can just pop their heads out and munch on any leaves trailing on the ground.

Comment

Good point Hazel on the Hill!
                Why didnt i think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by vicki lorraine View Post
                  Good point Hazel on the Hill!
                  Why didnt i think of that?
                  Happy to help, Vicki!

Comment

I have lots of slugs in my garden (and I mean LOTS... hence my user name!!) and they don't seem to like eating my rhubarb. It's one of the few things that are safe in my garden.

The last couple of years I have had caterpillars eating them - that was later in the season though when there were lots of them and food was short. They ate the leaves and left the veins - leaves looked rather strange!

I'd be suprised if it were slugs... just cos mine don't get eaten and I think I have enough slugs for everyone!!

What about putting out some slug traps and seeing if you catch much?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X