No announcement yet.

Name a Toad (Nematodes)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just seen something being used on Beechgrove Garden called Slug Gone.

Home :: Slug Gone
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
    If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

^^^ha, been there, done that, doesn't work! It does smell bad though. I put it under Zazen's nose once - remember Z?
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Redirecting

Has anyone found nematodes any cheaper than this please?
        Nope, but last time it cost me £20 inc delivery, so that is quite cheap in comparison. Besides, they're worth the money IMO, organic (creating them aside - no idea how 'green' the process is), safe for wildlife/pets/kids and they work.

Edit: d'oh it's the small pack. I bought the larger pack last time.
        Last edited by chris; 20-02-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Liked the idea of slug-a-toads but can't really afford 6 weekly treatments so....
          Cut up oranges - at least we get the juice
          Slug traps
          Enviro friendly slug pellets
          and
          employing hubby as a slug-curity guard who has been told that his duties include dawn and dusk garden ferreting armed with a bucket of hot, salty water and a head torch that makes him look like a Dalek.
          My biggest concern however is...Racoons! as the man who wrote the square foot gardening book told me that they will cause destruction of my veggies - do they eat slugs? That would be a bonus but I am really not sure that they are natives here in Norfolk.
          The moral of the story is... don't believe everything you read!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X