No announcement yet.

Another interesting Roundup study...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be concerned about saying this Cptn - we are a forum for friendly discussion
    I don't think How Much? realises this yet.

Comment

Other than cereal crop it is also sprayed on rape at a late stage in the plant growth to promote seed size,come on own up all those that bemoan the use of glyphosates but sing the praises of cooking with rape seed oil
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
        Other than cereal crop it is also sprayed on rape at a late stage in the plant growth to promote seed size,come on own up all those that bemoan the use of glyphosates but sing the praises of cooking with rape seed oil
        Olive oil mate - all the way Can't stand living near the bl**dy stuff, let alone digesting it. Sneezy heaven it is here, during Spring and Summer.
        Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 07-12-2012, 10:28 PM.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I'd like to say that i tried that stuff vernon kay and his mum use...but thats probably got rapeseed oil in hasnt it!? lol it was good on my roasties!

Having read a couple of recent GYO mags, they generally dont like chemicals, i was suprised to see the web page promoting round up!?
          <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Best thing on your roasties is goose fat or beef dripping. Olive oil, rosemary and sea salt for the veggies.
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Technical fact sheet about glyphosate can be seen here. http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/glyphotech.pdf Independent/ant of the manufacturer? Depends who funded the research
              Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 08-12-2012, 09:06 AM. Reason: forgot to insert link

Comment

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
                How much? - By 'green conditions' i dont refer to the crop, but the weeds and grasses.

Crops are sprayed with glyphosate in this way!!

I have no idea if it can enter the grain - i didnt say it did?
                mmm, internet forums hey?
                If it doesn't get into the grain how can it harm you?

The original post refers to the American way, not here. Sprayed on growing crops it obviously gets into the plant.

Green conditions? how do you spray the weeds without the crop? It is used as a desiccant. That is to hurry up the natural aging of the plant, this is only carried out once the plant has reached very old age and no further tissue is alive, it is dead, like John Cleese's parrott, it is no longer a living thing. In cereals a few use it to protect maybe milling wheats which are susectable to their hagbergs being effected by poor weather conditions. In normal weather patterns no one does so, it costs money. It is an effective way to treat couch grass within the cereal crops.

It is used in Oilseed rape not to increase the seed size, impossible, but to protect the shed from falling out, it is extremely fragile prior to harvest, the application of Glyphoste makes the pods a bit tougher, it doesn't touch the seed.

Gylphosate is one of the safest herbicides there is. It is inactive on contact with the soil - gone, for good, it breaks down rapidly, unlike super market plastic bags!

Please don't believe everything you read. Hitler gained power by controlling the newspapers, he knew that most people believe everything they read, few people read then make their own mind up, even fewer read and make sound judgment calls.

Me? i'm just an un-bigoted forum user and don't believe anything, unless my mum told me

Comment

Originally posted by How much? View Post

Gylphosate is one of the safest herbicides there is. It is inactive on contact with the soil - gone, for good, it breaks down rapidly, unlike super market plastic bags!

Please don't believe everything you read. Hitler gained power by controlling the newspapers, he knew that most people believe everything they read, few people read then make their own mind up, even fewer read and make sound judgment calls.
                  A - How do you know this unless you have believed everything you have read?
                  B - Please do not invoke Godwin's Law on here. 9 times out of 10 it will end in tears.
                  C - We shall see...oh we are already seeing the results of mass use of Roundup.

Comment

I was upset to find out that they use it on the fields of mustard as well- twas on a telly programme- either Countryfile or one of the cooking programmes looking at locally grown produce. I wonder what the farmers did before herbicides?
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

for the uninformed

Godwin’s Law is an internet adage that is derived from one of the earliest bits of Usenet wisdoms, which goes “if you mention Adolf Hitler or Nazis within a discussion thread, you’ve automatically ended whatever discussion you were taking part in.” Godwin's Law | Know Your Meme

Comment

And people usually invoke it when they have lost their own argument in order to end because they can't think of anything else to say...

Comment

mmm, internet forums hey?
                          If it doesn't get into the grain how can it harm you?

The original post refers to the American way, not here. Sprayed on growing crops it obviously gets into the plant.

Green conditions? how do you spray the weeds without the crop? It is used as a desiccant. That is to hurry up the natural aging of the plant, this is only carried out once the plant has reached very old age and no further tissue is alive, it is dead, like John Cleese's parrott, it is no longer a living thing. In cereals a few use it to protect maybe milling wheats which are susectable to their hagbergs being effected by poor weather conditions. In normal weather patterns no one does so, it costs money. It is an effective way to treat couch grass within the cereal crops.

It is used in Oilseed rape not to increase the seed size, impossible, but to protect the shed from falling out, it is extremely fragile prior to harvest, the application of Glyphoste makes the pods a bit tougher, it doesn't touch the seed.

Me? i'm just an un-bigoted forum user and don't believe anything, unless my mum told me
                          Me I'm not bigoted either, but if I wouldn't pour it straight from the bottle down my throat, then I sure as hell wouldn't want the farmers spraying it over something I would be an end consumer of. FULL STOP!

Comment

So I presume your Mum told you that Glyphosate is safe.

Comment

I have to use it on some of my weeds. But we use other methods as much as possible.

I like growing as much food as I can, and then buying organic when I can. It's scary when you know how they grow your food.
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                                for the uninformed

Godwin’s Law is an internet adage that is derived from one of the earliest bits of Usenet wisdoms, which goes “if you mention Adolf Hitler or Nazis within a discussion thread, you’ve automatically ended whatever discussion you were taking part in.” Godwin's Law | Know Your Meme
                                Thanks for that AP,I did wonder & you saved me a search
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X