Cabbage Root Fly

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabbage Root Fly

my cabbages have cabbage root fly what can I do if I want to avoid this if i replant plug plants.

thanks
    marion

you need to put something around the stems of the plants as soon as you plant them outside. You can buy proprietary collars (made of weatherproofed paper) or make your own from something that will lay flat. Thick card, carpet underlay or foam sheet would do the trick. If the flies lay do lay eggs, they dry up before they hatch.

Cut a circle or square, about five or six inches across, then make a slit from one edge to the centre - this allows you to get it around the stem of the plant. Keep it there as long as it will stay - eventually the stem will be too big, but then the plant roots can probably cope with an attack.

Comment

Even better buy a wondermesh and cover your brassicas as I have, expensive but fulfilling

I dont have to spray which is good and the mesh covers a good area.

Check my blog for pics I've simply erected the mesh on a few bits of wood,.

An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.

Will Rogers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X