Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help PLEASE!! Strawberry Plant - Leaf Problem

Hi Folks,

In the past few days a problem has started to appear on my strawberry plant's leaves. They look like squiggles on the upper side of the leaves, please see photos.

The plants are in direct sunlight for most of the day, are watered everyday, are not protected from the elements and have been given nutrients on occasion. I really don't know what the problem is. Any advice will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

bobby
    Attached Files

Looks like it could be a leaf miner, an insect that gets between the top and bottom surface of the leaf and tunnels around inside eating its way around, try systemic bug killer or if non user of chemicals unless they have hit you like a plague of locusts you may get a slightly reduced crop but they will not eat the leaves faster than the plant can produce them.

Comment

Looks like leaf miner to me too.

BUT - I wouldn't consider using systemic chemicals as hopefully you'll be eating the fruit withing the next couple of weeks!
      Last edited by chris; 31-05-2012, 07:10 AM. Reason: lead->leaf ;)
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Leaf miner. Pick off the affected leaves as soon as you spot a "squiggle" and burn them or dispose in the household rubbish.

Comment

^^^^^ Wot she and Nicos said. If you see a wee bump in the leaf, that is the grub doing the damage. Try squashing the bump

Comment

Thank you all

Thanks to all of you for your advice it has been tremendously helpful. ;-) Happy Growing to all of you.

Comment

Yep, I've got leaf miners on some of the plants in the greenhouse. The bumps get nipped in half or crushed, and the really badly affected leaves are removed completely
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X