No announcement yet.

Cat problem in raised beds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of the lemons trick - might try it! I thought they used it on vampires!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ha, same problem here, about 4 cats used to do the rounds. I guess different things work on different cats! I found where they were getting in and sprayed 'cat off' over the area and on the gravel paths between the beds, I've not had any problems since, that was in February. I think I might need to spray again though, as I want to give them the message loud and clear.

Comment

I just but cheap trellis (£1 poundland) over my raised beds, my cats have stayed clear Now I wonder if the shop would do a deal on another 60 or so

Comment

This might work it works on foxes it sounds gruesome but is safe if you can save some of your wee wee then sprinkle it round the outside of the beds
          it is not a wind up it worked on foxes for me jacob
          What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Ah but you're a bloke. Man wee has a threatening aura - girlie wee has different hormones and they're not scared of us ('cos we're pussy cats?)
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I have the same problem too.just about everyone around here has a cat,myself included.My problem is im too soft to scare them off or anything like that.I did hear about a scaredy cat plant once but I dont know its proper name.I'd like to get hold of some to see if they work.Apparently cats and foxes dont like the smell and they work well in an organic garden.I just wouldnt want it to put my cat off so much that he doesnt come home!Same with the neighbours cats,I like them visiting!

Comment

galic flakes work but only till it rains
                Yo an' Bob
                Walk lightly on the earth
                take only what you need
                give all you can
                and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I was adopted by a stray a couple of years ago and her friends are always over visiting too -I'm reliably informed that mothballs crushed up around the area work, and will withstand a shower though not a torrential downpour. You apparently only need to do it for a little while, they soon get the idea and find a new loo! I'm not sure how effective it is as yet, it's only been a couple of days but so far so good! I think I may invest in some kebab sticks too, less smelly!
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X