No announcement yet.

Do slugs eat worms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't!! I'm afraid to turn over a pot in the garden now in case I find one. The first 2 were found very near here.

Comment

On the map there are lots of dots around where I live where apparently they have been seen. The little slug I found was not typical of the large dark grey slugs we see all over the place here usually mountain climbing up the walls to get at all my seedlings conveniently placed on shelves next to the walls!. It was very pale but I can't relate it to the pictures of the ghost. It definitely didn't look striped. But it was despatched quite quickly. I was thinking that kitchen waste is for my worms you greedy *******. And I thought ticks were bad enough. I haven't had a chance yet to ask our allotment garu if he knows anything about these slugs.
      A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows

Comment

Ghost slug in Hay on Wye!

The ysbryd slugs are on the move -so watch out for them
        Worm-eating ‘ghost’ slug is advancing across Wales - Cardiff - Local Welsh News - News - WalesOnline

Comment

I wouldn't dream of passing them to my neighbours in plant pots, but I very often use a similar system to bar coding to despatch their cousins.

I've only just seen this and joking aside, it's horrible, the vegetarian ones are bad enough.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Slugs

Originally posted by dominic10 View Post
            As I now have a wormery and have just read about NZ flatworms does anyone know if slugs eat earthworms? Just found one in my wormery. Or am I just in shock after reading how the flatworms despatch our native earthworms.
            Yes,they do eat worms.I recently found 3 slugs devouring a worm-one at each end and one in the middle! I went back an hour or so later and it was almost gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Angy 196 View Post
              Yes,they do eat worms.I recently found 3 slugs devouring a worm-one at each end and one in the middle! I went back an hour or so later and it was almost gone.
              Ewwwww. Yuk. And bleurghh. That's what I say.
              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Of course moles eat worms, but with any luck they'll get nowhere near my tiny worm farm. Presently there are a great many baby worms but the number of adults never seems to match the teeming blobs of baby worms. Could it be that they are carnivors? Anyway the soggy strawberries going into the feed seem popular. I guess the slugs are after the damp part rotted vegitation to eat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X