Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat issues again!

Hi,

I haven't posted in ages and ages and ages...last season I was growing my own seedling and that seemed to have put a dampener on my green thumb (I killed every seedling last year!).

But now that my seedling is sprouting well, I thought I'd try growing stuff again. However, over the winter, I neglected my garden rather a lot and the cats saw their chance to get their toilet back and, well...ick.

So, there's a lot of cat excrement there. It's been there more than 24 hours. If I were to get rid of it now, and sow seeds, will the plants potentially harbour that disease they have (the name escapes me, embarassing given my background in pathology!)? Is there anything I can do about it?

TIA.
    Singleton Allotments Society
    Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

'Fraid I don't know about getting rid of it, but if you cover bare soil with prickly stuff (gooseberry pruning for instance) they won't poo there.

I have a cat and whenever I plant out seedlings this is how I keep her off.

The cat, by the way, is an excellent mouser and I wouldn't be without her skills, even though she has failed continuously to learn how to do the washing up or weeding...
    If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X