No announcement yet.

Slugs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning I actually saved a slug. It was that or my daughter thinking I was an evil unfeeling moo.

My greenhouse is covered internally, roof and sides, with bubble wrap. The larger bubbles. Sluggy had - somehow- got in the space inbetween the bubbles and was having fun whizzing in a circular type maze. Had to cut into the plastic with a stanley knife and yank him out with a pair of tweezers.

I was v gentle. Honest!

Comment

Just wanted to mention the organic slug pellets (made from ferric phosphate) are still blue, so don't be alarmed! They are also made out of pasta - can't remember who it was that said it was all their child ate
      I have been using them on my trays of plants in the cold frame - not sure if they've worked or not - there's still been some damage but only nibbles so may not have been slugs.

I've also found that after a while the pellets get a grey fuzzy mould on them (obviously decomposing) which doesn't look great but the plants don't seem to mind. I suspect i should be re-applying th pellets in this case but what with the current heatwave i've not bothered.
      There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
      Happy Gardening!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X