Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroying Angel Mushrooms In With Courgette

Hi guys,

I recently had some Destroying Angel Mushrooms pop up in my raised plot near to my Couurgettes, I cant be certain they were Destroying Angels but they sure look like them.

Will eating the Courgettes be dangerous now? I am a bit worried and dont want to poison myself or Partner....

Thanks

Deselby

Any one able to help? Please...

Comment

I think you'll only be at risk if you eat the actual fungus. The courgette should be fine, especially if washed before use.

Comment

I doubt anyone on here is going to say anything definite- especially as you're not absolutely sure of what type of mushroom you have growing.

It's more than likely to be a sort of button mushroom if you've dug in loads of muck prior to planting out the courgettes. BUT- who is to know???...apart from an expert.

Would I personally eat the courgettes??? Yes. But I'd scrub them well first- and maybe even peel them.

Your call
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

This site looks quite good for fungi identification Edible and Poisonous Fungi

Comment

I have / had various mushrooms popping up in my compost, and I've eaten the produce all fine. That said I've not seen one like the one you describe sprouting through my compost!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X