Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cucumber Mosiac

Hi guys,
    I am feeling a bbit worried due to the fact some of my squash plants are devolping marking simmilar to that of cucumber mosiac disease. It is effecting so far two types of squash and my yellow courgette, however it is only visible on the leaves and the fruit on my courgette have not been effected yet. I dont know how to stop or prevent it and i am not 100 percent sure what it is but it deffeinately has the syptoms of lyghter coloured blotching simmilar to that of cucmber mosiac. What makes it worse is that i have been very silly and grown many of my squashes together in a smal patch, but very rich in compost and minerals however it would make more easily transmitable, so should i start thinning out there leaves ?
    Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

No advice but I'm going to watch this one... my pumpkins look a bit ominous too. I've cut off the worst-affected leaves (will be burnt); but does it live in patches in the leaves or is it systemic through the whole plant? I read that it's spread by aphids.

Comment

You sure it's not powdery mildew? My courgettes get this every year. It affects the leaves which eventually wither away, but it has little effect on the fruit.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Cucumber Mosaic Virus symptoms. Misshapen small fruit with distinctive dark green warts. White or yellow patches on fruit.

Powdery Mildew symptoms. Leaves and possibly stems are covered with white powdery patches. I seem to get this every year with no ill effect to the fruit.

Will post a pic shortly.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Powdery Mildew.

Colin
          Attached Files
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            You sure it's not powdery mildew? My courgettes get this every year. It affects the leaves which eventually wither away, but it has little effect on the fruit.
            99% sure, my curgettes have mildew, but this is where there spots and there green
            Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X