Oh b*&&*x......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh b*&&*x......

If losing my crop of garlic and half the crop of onions so far to onion white rot wasn't bad enough, have discovered this morning that a third of my potato plants have now got leaf curl. Maybe swopping plots wasn't such a good idea after all
    It was dark. And cold. And very, very empty.

And in the middle of all of the dark, cold, emptiness lay something darker, and colder, but very, very full.

I have lost most of my over winter onions too to onion rot which is not good and now will be unable to grow onions in those beds for anything from 8 -15 years.
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Potato leaf curl is from really wet weather apparently....are you sure that's what it is?

Could you post photos?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Potato leaf curl is from really wet weather apparently....are you sure that's what it is?

Could you post photos?
        I shall take some tomorrow.

And in the middle of all of the dark, cold, emptiness lay something darker, and colder, but very, very full.

Comment

OK so here we go with the latest update - on arriving at the plot this morning I find not only my potato leaves curling and dying off but also that the remainder of my onions seem to have developed a bad case of "leek moth". So now I'm beginning to feel like the most unluckiest guy in the world, onion white rot, potato leaf curl, leek moth, whatever the hell else am I going to get? Standing there planning my next course of action when one of my plot neighbours appraoches the fence - "what you been spraying, it's certainly burned YOUR cabbages?". So off I go to have a look at the cabbages and sure enough they look as though something has been eating the juicy green part leaving behind a thin paper like leaf, on closer inspection the weeds are also dying off.

Some B'stard lowlife piece of scum has only walked down my fenceline and sprayed weedkiller on the crops they could reach .

Comment

If another plot owner has sprayed your plot Rixy - you have to take action. What a nasty piece of work.

Comment

Oh I agree, our allotment officer has been informed and so have the police (criminal damage), but neither of them hold out much hope for catching the swine. Whether I've upset someone or it is a matter of jealousy is anyones guess, the sad fact is that they haven't only damaged the crops but also upset my wife with their actions as it is as much her plot as it is mine.

I've spent the morning digging out the affected plants and weeds, as I don't know what has been sprayed I'm going to replant the affected areas with a green manure and see how that goes.

Comment

The dirty, rotten, bar steward. So sorry to hear of your plight, it must be awful. I hope you get your crops sorted.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

That's terrible, I'm really sorry to hear that.

Comment

That's just bl**dy awful - I hope they catch the low-life scum that did it.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

That's pretty crappy Rixy, you have my sympathies. I hope you find out who's responsible but if not at least you reported them and let them know you weren't just going to take it. Hope things improve for you, but try not to let it get you down or put you off. Can't imagine why anyone would want to sabotage someone elses plot but hopefully it's a one off.

Comment

Thanks for the messages of support.

After removing all the affected plants I've now sown mustard seedin in their place, am happy to report that it seems to be growing well which leads me to believe that there is no lasting residue of whatever it is that they sprayed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X