The dreaded vine weevil

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dreaded vine weevil

About two weeks ago I saw a rather fetching flecked browny beetle on my alpine strawberries (I was mollusc hunting so it was dark) . As I like to leave things be unless they are a pest I looked them up on the internet and found they were the dreaded vine weevil.

Over the next three nights I crushed about 5 a night and since then every night has drawn a blank, none to be seen, and they were only on my alpines (not even on the ordinary strawbs next to them)

All of my fruit and veggies are in pots - should I use the nematode and if yes, is two applications this year enough as I assume 15 weevils didn't walk into the garden, they must have come from one of the pots. I've had no sudden plant collapses, in fact everything looks very healthy.

Still at least the slugs and snails aren't so bad this year *crossed fingers*

Thanks

If you are concerned, apply the nematodes. I'd go for a couple of applications but it is quite pricey.
    Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM. Reason: missing u. My keyboard is plaging silly bggrs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X