Weeds on drive/path

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeds on drive/path

I have a gravel drive that is slowly being taken over by weeds (dandelions, a few small nettles, thistles etc) as well as quite a bit of slab paving/paths with grass/weeds growing in between the slabs.

I'd prefer to not use weed killer but i simply don't have the time to stay on top of the weeding.

I tried some stuff from B&Q which came in a sachet (can't remember the name) and it appears to have had no impact at all!

What is the best weedkiller to use on these? Ideally i'm looking for something i can just whizz rund with the sprayer on every few weeks.

Short term roundup weedkiller, but if you can remove the gravel to one side, get the weeds out, then put down weed control fabric replace the gravel, will work better in the long term
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

I use boiling water for my patio weeds (kettle, or used cooking water) and pinches of salt for those further afield (up the garden path)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Maybe your gravel is getting a bit "thin"? Weeds will grow more readily as the gravel gets dispersed and the coverage becomes less.
        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X