small grey/black flies in lemongrass

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small grey/black flies in lemongrass

They areonly in my lemongrass plant which is near lots of other plants, so maybe that is related? But lots of smallish black/grey and a few green flies walking on my plant pot/drip tray and hanging about on the stalks of lemongrass. I did have lots of fungus gnats a month or so ago but they are all gone now, these flies are slightly bigger, and spend much more time on the plant stalks rather than in the soil and aren't as easily scared as the gnats which makes me think they are different?

I was using neem for the gnats, will this work for these other flies? I am certain they are not fungus gnats as the shape, behaviour and area of the plant they are on is different. I killed about 20 of them with a tissue last night then filled the drip tray with water and there was another 30 or so dead this morning with more than that on the plant still. I've got no idea where they are coming from, and there is not one on my nearby plants (parsley, a chinese tree thing, aloe vera) anyone know what they are?

Theres not much I can do as im off abroad tomorrow for 2 weeks anyway, but will get my flatmate to keep an eye on them ,

Maybe your fungus gnats have mutated into a bigger stronger type

Seriously, I think they are aphids - I get them indoors all the time, despite regular squishing (or possibly newly hatched gnats. The larvae are usually to be seen wriggling in the bottom of the pot).
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X