I hate bindweed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate bindweed

And nettles, and the brambles that keep invading from next door's plot. I've just spent two hours attacking the invaders which have grown ballistically since the rain. Now scratched and sore, but fairly satisfied.

The bindweed is worse than ever on my plot I dug it all out last year, but both plots either side of me went unweeded all summer and are invading my plot. I pull and pull, and still it comes, it's unstoppable.

Mind you, I'd rather have that than the horsetail that has infested the whole of the school's wildlife garden. I spent a rather fruitless two hours this morning pulling & digging bits of it out. It'll all be back again next week
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

In a funny perverse sort of way I quite like pulling up bindweed. You get yards and yards of the bladdy stuff. I swear that and the brambles must have grown about 10 feet in less than a week!!

Comment

I have bindweed all over my tiny garden at home and on the allotment. It is quite good to get it dug out - but unfortunately it has wound itself round the roots of my shrubs at home. I think I'll have to try the trick of winding it round a stick and zapping it with glyphosate.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Fortunately I don't have it in the garden at home but loads in the allotment. Thought I'd managed to get it all out when I first took over the lotty 2 years ago but it's back again. It's now a constant battle and I think it's winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            I think I'll have to try the trick of winding it round a stick and zapping it with glyphosate.
            Or let it grow long enough so you can dip it in a shallow 'bath' of glypho
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 20-08-2010, 07:26 AM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

This year seems like it has been a particularly bad year for bindweed.
              A Smallholder's Diary - my blog

Comment

i like bindweed .... i have some in my hedge, i spose i'm lucky it doesn't seem to want to spread round the garden .... cos of all the hedge to climb up ..... looks lovely with all the pretty white flowers

Comment

Never seen it before, so googled for it.. came across this wallpaper:

nice!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X