My snails samba!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My snails samba!

These pictures are taken from inside my greenhouse, looking up through one of the roof panes. The panes are quite dusty/dirty ( ) and the tracks are effectively clean streaks in the dirt.

Do I have an infestation of slugs/snails on the roof, who spend their evenings dancing? Or is there some more logical explanation? I don't even have that much of a problem with slugs this year, mainly ants.
    Attached Files
    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Fascinating pics, Caro - what an interesting thing to post on here!

Looking at the trails, I wonder if that is them moving in a straight line, but the wave movement of the snail's foot shows up as the wiggly lines. Apparently they don't leave much slime behind if they can help it - they recycle it as they go along! They only release lots of the stuff in hostile environments.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

It really is quite intriguing, isn't it? I might have to go out one evening with a torch and see what's going on.

And if it is slugs, I must tell OH how much his sealant round the base of the greenhouse has worked - hardly any have got in.

If anyone else has any theories, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks
      Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X