Black Flies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Flies

Just done a quick search but couldnt immediately see anything on this, so I wondered if anyone knew what I could do about a fly infestation on several of my plants?

They are tiny little black flies (I think they are flies anyway!) with lots and lots of black little eggs. They are particularly bothering my cucumber, but also my aubergines, french beans and possibly peppers.

Will they make the fruits and beans inedible? How can I safely get rid of them? I would prefer to kill them organically if possible. But I dont know how/what to use. So far I have been trying to pull off the leaves or flowers that are affected but on the cucumber in particular they have a good hold and they are so small its really hard to get them off.

Any ideas?

Thank you
    Helen

They are blackflies (aphids).
    Squish with your fingers. Repeat as necessary
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

That would take me ages - I was hoping for some kind of full-scale war :-)

Comment

Rinse an old pump spray bottle out (ie dettox or similar) thoroughly including the pump, fill with water, add a couple of drops of washing up liquid, shake and spray on the critters. Squishing is obviously better but if there's too many this will kill em.

Comment

Ok thank you, I will give that a go! Thanks

Comment

No probs Just make sure you rinse the bottle well and squirt clean water through the nozel a good few times.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X