Spiders Web type Growth On trees....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiders Web type Growth On trees....

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help me out here.

I have a few trees growing on some grass land close to my home. 3 of the 4 trees have like a spiders web growth going all the way up them, at the base of one of the trees (before I started poking it with a stick) there looked to be a large lump of slime, on further inspection I then thought it was a spiders web, but looking at the tree this goes from base to as far up as I can see.

this is the same for 2 other trees close by. I do have some images but have not put them online as yet, but will do once I get home tonuight.

does this sound familiar to anyone. It's like a spiders web that goes all the way up the tree, it's only on one side of the tree and also spreads out along the branches.

Thanks in advance.

Is it on willow trees, there is a caterpillar that does this cant remember the name but they are not pleasant to be around they shed their hair causing irritation so be careful when getting close.

Comment

It's on sycamore trees. Still at work so unable to post pictures but will do so as soon as I get home.

Comment

Tent caterpillar at a guess? I've not had time to read the link myself though >>>> Tent caterpillar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks for that. That could be just what it is.

Here are the pictures as promised.

Comment

Here is another

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Kent | Caterpillars cover trees in silk

Comment

And i thought the trees next to me were bad.

Comment

Looks like an alien invasion you've got going on there T.D.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X